Saturday, November 21, 2009

Damselflies in Wheel

It is always difficult to snap good shots on damselflies in wheel. On many occassions I have to be contented with just male individual in focus and female individual out of focus. Unless, I position myself with the camera parallel to the side view of the wheel, then the whole wheel (both the male and female) will be in focus. This takes a lot of patient to do it, and I was lucky today to be rewarded with wheels in focus for two damselfly species - Ceriagrion cerinorubellum and Pseudagrion microcephalum. Though these two shots are not perfect but they are definitely much better than those I took some time ago (click here to see old photo of C. cerinorubellum in wheel and here for old photo of P. microcephalum).


A wheel of Ceriagrion cerinorubellum


A wheel of Pseudagrion microcephalum